AAA Aktiengesellschaft für Akkumulatoren- und Autobau Ofener Strasse 4-5, Berlin N 65
From 1921 - 1926 the firm AAA built cars and sold them under the name "Alfi". They used a 940 cc 4 cyl. Steudel engine 4/14 PS and a 1320ccv Atos engine, the 5/17PS. Before that from 1913 on they built a small electric two seater with 2hp. Designated type Z. From all the types only very few where built.
Type Z for two people.
The 4/14 PS Alfi. The first petrol driven car from Alfi.TZhey started producing electric cars.
The 4/14 PS had a 4 cylinder Steudel engine with 940 cc.
The ALFI stand at the Automobil exhibition Berlin 1923. On the right is a Alfi eöectromobile.
ADI Fahrzeugbau Arthur Diebler
Schierker Strasse 31-32, Berlin Neukölln
Between 1948 and 1953 the small firm built delivery threewheelers with either a 120cc Ilo engine (4,2hp) mor a 150 cc Sachs engine and 6,5 hp. More than 1000 examples where built.
Alfi Automobilgesellschaft mbH
Müllerstrasse 13, Berlin N 39
After the AAA Aktiengesellschaft für Akkumulatoren- und Autobau went into receivership and closed down the former director engineer Alex Fischer, who was involved in the AAA bought the rest of the firm and began at another location in Berlin to produce small three and four wheeled cars again under the name of Alfi. The threewheeler had a 6Hp DKW engine. The fourwheeler was called the 2/10 PS. At the end of 1927 production endet.
Maschinenfabrik I. Schwarz, Abteilung Autobau
Linienstraße 154 a, Berlin
The company Maschinenfabrik Schwarz began in 1899/1900 producing a small car with a 3hp single cylinder De Dion Bouton engine. The car was called Aeskulap and was aimed for doctors and physicians. Aeskulap built cars only for a very short time.
Shortly After the Kaiser war in the fall 1919 AGA (Autogengas-Akkumulator AG founded 1915) showed their First car to the public In spring 1920
they switched their name to Aktiengesellschaft für Automobilbau and started producing and selling the car.
The car was based probably on the 1914 6 hp FN from Belgium. The Type A or 6/16 PS as it was called had a 4cyl. Engine of1420cc, which developed 16-18hp. The Type A was quite successful and sold well. With its angular mudguards the Aga’s where recognizable and had a very modern body for its time. In 1922 the power output was enlarged and the car was called now the Type C 6 20PS. At the same time Hugo Stinnes, one of the wealthiest men in Germany, bought the majority of the Aga shares. He already owned among other firms, the Berlin firm Dinos and Rabag (Bugatti). The sales of the Aga where quite good, but when Hugo Stinnes died in 1924, Aga had to call the receiver in summer 1925. Aga closed down and a successor firm “Aga Verwertungsgesllschaft” was founded in 1926. One year later it was renamed into “Aga Fahrzeuggesellschaft mbH”. They produced only very few automobiles. The 6/20PS was renamed in 6/24 PS, because he developed 24hp. They showed at the 1928 Automobile exhibition a new 6/20 PS with a 850 cc engine licence Singer and a 10/45 PS six cylinder car. But both cars remained prototypes and in 1929 Aga stopped car production for ever.
Because of Swedish connections since the foundation in 1915, the Aga cars where also made in licence in Sweden. Around 500 where produced, there. Whereas the production in Germans counts more than 12.000 until summer 1925. Thereafter the production was minimal.
For further reading: “Der Aga Wagen” from Kai-Uwe Merz, Berlin Story Verlag,
ISBN 978-3-86368-006-0. Sadly only in German. Highly recommended.
Type A 6/16 PS Tourer. Body's came from Gottfried Lindner AG Halle/Saale
Type C 16/20 PS tourer and saloon from 1924
Type C6/24 PS
The Anker Metallwarenfabrik für Elektromotoren was founded in 1914. In 1918 the firm switched to car production and was renamed to Anker Automobilfabrik Paul Griebert. At first they built small cars with motorbike engines. The coachwork was interchangeable in a very short time from passenger car to delivery van and vice versa. Later they used bigger engines, eventually a Wanderer 1,1 l engine. In the end of 1920 Anker had to call the receiver and stopped making vehicles.
BoB Automobilgesellschaft mbH, Bergmannstr. 102, Berlin SW 29
The BOB firm produced cars from 1919 until 1925. At first the 4/10HP and the 5/18 HP, both with Siemens und Halske engines. In their last year they produced the 5/20HP and they used their own engines. BoB was quite successful in motorsport. For that they built a racing car with an underslung frame with which it was more or less successful. A BoB racer won the Kleinauto (Cyclecar) race up to 5 HP at the Stadium race in Berlin.
As with most small manufacturers a that time in Germany, they did not find enough customers and BoB had to end the production in 1925.
BoB 4/10 HP
BoB belonging to the Museum in Einbeck